BECAUSE I AM.
This blog is composed of several contributors with different backgrounds and personalities, expressing their way of life as they see it.
Because we are.A wise man named William Cowper once said: "Variety's the very spice of life,That gives it all its flavor"
Hit us up!
Leave us a message.
Contact us:DJ Pat's Twitter
Ask us whatever!
We've got mail!
Must reads!Please Find This.
Jason Mraz's Blog
Gives me hope.
Life Without Pants.
Ask us whatever!
Thank youDesign: doughnutcrazy
The beginning of this entry was written on December 31, 2009 (Up until the ~*~*~*~). I just wasn't able to post it.
Here we are again, standing on the brink of an almost end and a new beginning. Another year has come and gone, and I feel as if it's time for me to take a look back on the 12 months that have gone by.
As unbelievable as it seems, time has passed by so quickly. Back in June, I was about to embark on a new journey which excited and scared me at the same time. It's as if I just closed my eyes for a few seconds and when I opened them again...December was waiting with its arms wide open, ready to engulf me with all its Christmas spirit.
I think to myself, Has it already been 6 months?
I guess the calendars, Christmas gifts, and even the weather have given me enough evidence to believe so.
It is now January 10, 2010 (I like pronouncing this year as TWENTY-TEN, because I think it sounds better this way). The plentiful fireworks have been lit and thought of to be spectacular, the alcohol content in our body has shot up to an extra 40%(at least) and back down again, children (and even some adults) have jumped to their limits believing that they can grow another inch or so, and of course more than a handful of people have made their new year's resolution.
I've always wondered why people wait till the start of a new year to make a positive change, but I too am guilty of practicing such an old habit of the human race so who am I to judge?
I'm not going to share my resolutions, because I'd like to spare you of the long list. But in this entry I'd like to share rather what I've learned. Every year, every day, even every minute gives us something to remember by. They give us moments to relive and memories that teach us a few things worth learning.
Two thousand and nine has taught me a couple of lessons which I believe will make my twenty ten and even better year.
1. It has reminded me that some lessons whatever they may be, will be repeated until learned. It may appear through different situations, but if the main problem is still there, it will be on going until you realize what you've done wrong and then do something to make the wrong a right.
2. It taught my heart to be patient. It showed me what I'm worth. So, to all the girls out there who feel lonely at times... please remember to put a price tag on yourself. Never forget your worth, and believe that someday someone out there is going to come into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else :)
3. It helped me understand even better that sometimes, you have to live a life that's less for yourself, and more for others. I have been so blessed in more ways than one this year. Sometimes I don't feel that I am because these things that I have and receive aren't really what I ask for. I tend to forget that sometimes the normalcy of life like seeing your family everyday, having the same old friends, and plain old L.O.V.E. are the things that are most special.
4. I have become aware of the fact that you really really have to work hard to get to the place you want to be in. It's healthy to set goals, it could be easier if you have a plan, but it's true what Pat said during his previous entry... you have to actually be able to execute the plan and make a bee line for your goals. There's no way you'll get there without doing something about it, and you won't really be able to do something about it without passion. Which makes me come to my 5th learning.
5. Somethings in life just really go hand in hand. I'm not sure if I can explain this lesson clearly, but don't you just see how sometimes some things in life don't really work well without the other? Besides what I mentioned above, there are things like hard work goes will with appreciation and inspiration. You get inspired to do something, and therefore you do the best you can. You are able to produce your desired outcome, and if it's for the better a lot of people will appreciate what you've done. Sometimes I think life can be as simple as mathematics (the addition part at least).
6. I recognize that things get better. No matter how scarred you are over something, or how low you've sunk...there will come a day that things will get better. This quote will explain it better I think:
"All of us have had the experience of a sudden joy that came when nothing in the world had forewarned us of its coming - a joy so thrilling that if it was born of misery we remembered even the misery with tenderness."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Someone once mentioned the following 3 numbers which I can never forget.
7. A little of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.
-I think this is self explanatory.
8. "There" is no better than "here". When your "there" becomes a "here" you will simply obtain another "there" that again looks better than "here."
- I now know that I have to be in the NOW. It's fine to make plans for the future, but never forget the present because there are so much things you can do in the right now. There are also things in life we wish we had or people we'd wish we could be. But there will always be something that we want more. This year taught me to be content with what I have.
9. Your life is up to you. Life provides the canvas; you do the painting. Take charge of your life -- or someone else will.
- Just like one of my favorite poets William Ernest Henley said. 'I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul" You make your destiny, so make sure you make everything count.
10. And this I believe I learn every year and is something I will never get tired of learning. There's no better way to explain it than through a line from a song by Nada Surf:
"ALWAYS LOVE. HATE WILL GET YOU EVERY TIME"
I'm pretty excited to see what's in store for me this year. I am hoping that if a change comes, it's a change for the better. If I fall down, I get back up again. I'm waiting for the extraordinary to happen. I declare that this year, I will do something that I will never ever forget in my life. Sometimes we forget how short life is. Let's make the most of it. This year, and the following years to come.:)
Hello twenty-ten! Welcome to my life.
I usually end my entries with lyrics, but this time I'd like to end it with a video compilation of the top 25 songs in 2009. There's no better way to bid last year farewell than with an amazing mash-up of songs :)